Formative instructional practices determine what students know, identify possible gaps in understanding, and modify instruction where needed.
Ohio educators use FIP to:
- Establish a foundation for personalized learning for students
- Provide teachers with a sound approach to implementing new learning standards
- Support new teachers in their professional learning
- Focus on practices to promote equity and access for all learners
- Provide opportunities to enhance instructional leadership skills
What is FIP?
Formative instructional practices are the formal and informal ways that teachers and students gather and respond to evidence of student learning. Teachers and students use sound assessment as an integral part of the instructional process to determine what students know, identify possible gaps in understanding, modify instructions, provide effective feedback, and actively engage students in their own learning.
Developed in partnership with the Ohio Department of Education, the FIPYourSchoolOhio blended learning solution allows educators to personalize their professional learning with a comprehensive suite of online learning modules and face-to-face facilitation resources.