Take your leadership skills to the next level by participating in a BFK Academy. Designed to help you discover and reflect on your personal leadership style while developing a plan for continued growth, each academy begins with a kick-off session followed by three ½ day sessions that take place during the afternoon of the SOAR LLC Workshops. This schedule allows you to minimize your time away from your districts while maximizing opportunities to attend meaningful, job-embedded professional learning.
For educators currently in formal leadership positions: central office staff, principals, and assistant principals.
: September 13 (Kick-Off Meeting), October 5, January 10, April 27
- Focus on the skill sets required of all effective school leaders: effective communication, setting strategic direction, building capacity, creating a culture for success, improving instruction, and measuring what matters
- Work through authentic issues and content aligned with clear, research-based school leadership standards
- Learn how to build the capacity and engagement of others to effectively execute strategic and operational goals
Teacher Leadership Academy
For formal and informal teacher leaders and administrators who lead collegial learning teams: PLCs, TBTs, BLTs, and DLTs.
Dates: September 14 (Kick-Off Meeting), October 5, January 10, April 27
- Build facilitative leadership skills and dispositions to maximize team engagement, productivity, and opportunities for learning
- Reflect on strengths and plan for growth of facilitative leadership skills and dispositions
- Learn how to establish and maintain an effective team environment using routines, protocols, and process tools to honor voices, share leadership, and build collective efficacy
- Build capacity to navigate challenging personalities and conversations (both proactive and reactive situations)
More information will be posted soon about the new opportunities available through SOAR for the 2017-2018 school year.